14/2 Stranded bare copper conductors, unshielded with an overall jacket.
CMR, NEC Article 800
(UL) C(UL) Listed or c(ETL)us Listed
Indoor for: Intercom, Security, Sound, Audio, Background Music, and Power Limited Control
Part # 226 Specifications
- Construction Parameters:
- Conductor 14 Definition ofAWG:] body=[
Abbreviation for American Wire Gauge. Used in the United States and other countries as a standard method of denoting wire diameter. The higher the number the thinner the wire. Thicker wire is generally capable of carrying larger amount of current over greater distances with less loss (though there are other things that cause current loss in wire). Sometimes the loss of cables is rated in Ohms per one thousand feet and for a particular type of wire the lower gauges (larger wires) have less resistance to current flow.
- Stranding 19x27
- Insulation Material PVC
- Insulation Thickness 0.010" Nom.
- Number of Conductors 2
- Shield None
- Drain None
- Jacket Material PVC
- Jacket Thickness 0.015" Nom.
- Overall Cable Diameter 0.234" Nom.
- Approximate Cable Weight 36.2 Lbs/1M' Nom.
- Flame Rating UL 1666 Riser Flame Test
- Electrical & Environmental Properties:
- Temperature Rating -20C To +60C
- Operating Definition ofVoltage:] body=[
A unit of measure of electromotive force (resulting from a difference in electrical potential) equal to the force required to produce a current of one ampere through an element having a resistance of one ohm. RMS is an abbreviation for Root-Mean-Square, a formula to describe the level of a signal. RMS is derived by squaring all the instantaneous voltages along a waveform, averaging the squared values and then taking the square root of that number. When used to describe power amplifiers, RMS power (in watts) is considered a more useful measure of power output than "program" or "peak" power. (A power amp's performance depends on the nature of the input signal. "Peak" power ratings don't account for this, whereas RMS ratings, because they are derived from multiple points in a sine wave, more closely reflect the actual energy content of the input signal.) RMS also is used to measure input sensitivity (in volts) in a preamp or line amplifier.
- Max.Capacitance Between Conductors @ 1 Definition ofkHz:] body=[
Kilohertz, 1,000 Hertz, or one thousand cycles per second.
- DC Resistance per Conductor @ 20deg C 2.7 Ohms/1M' Nom.
- Insulation Colors Black , White
- Jacket Color Grey
- RoHS Compliant Yes
- Mechanical Properties:
- Max. Recommended Pull Tension 59 lbs.
- Min. Bend Radius (Install) 2.25"